Monday 17 March 2008

ECR blogs in Latin!


I am just drawing your attention to the fact that our very own Eastcliff Richard is back link on the sidebar.

As he’s been upmarket, he started his first post in Latin so I though for those of you without a classical education, a little dog Latin that you could work out without any knowledge of Latin would be amusing.

CAESAR AD SUM IAM FORTE
BRUTUS ET ERAT
CAESAR SIC IN OMNBUS
BRUTUS SIC IN AT.

You can of course Google it if you find it too difficult, which is unlikely.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have a quid pro quo (pound each way) that you can't write an entire post in Latin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to say Richard but this is about as advanced as I can get, so you had better come in and pick up your quid.

    CIVILE SI ERGO
    FORTE LORIS INERO
    DEMARNT LORIS
    DEMIS TRUCX
    VATIS INEM
    ENSAM DUX

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.