Friday 4 July 2008

Summer Season

Couple of American tourists in the shop just now, presumably they came through a wormhole in the space-time continuum or something, speculating on the practically deserted beach. They bought The Picturesque Pocket Companion To Margate Ramsgate Broadstairs & Parts Adjacent 1831 an 1849 Isle of Thanet Directory and Pictures of Ramsgate in the 1800s. They are apparently staying in an hotel with a view across the harbour and can’t quite understand why an equally attractive Ramsgate isn’t as busy as San Tropez. I won’t put the links to the books on this post as I am having a bad printer week with stock running a bit low it seems best to discourage sales while I do battle with the errant technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.