Sunday 14 September 2008

Canterbury pictures

We went to Canterbury last Thursday as usual quite a lot of the time was spent looking in the bookshops and charity shops for books to sell in the bookshop. This is often just to top up things we are short of, for instance at the moment we are completely out of P G Woodhouse books. This wasn’t a very successful mission mainly because the books in Canterbury, even in the charity shops, were pretty much all more expensive than we would sell them for.

I find it odd in the current economic downturn that prices there seem to be rising. I also noticed that Canterbury has more empty shops than usual, as with most places now I am finding that a lot of what I would call proper shops are closing to be replaced by cafés and shops offering services rather than actual goods.

1 comment:

  1. Michael, the same thing is happening with coins. Bulk lots are going for ridiculous prices at auction and on ebay even current circulation euro coins are selling for more than their face value. Strange?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.