Monday 29 September 2008

A Tale of Two Planning Applications

Back in march 2006 a planning application was approved for one building at the Manston Business Park, as far as I know it was the last planning application there prior to China Gateway.

With China Gateway I have been saying that the planning application just doesn’t make sense as the architect first acknowledged the fact that it is on top of our underground drinking water reservoir and the went on to produce drainage plans that would only have been suitable for a site that was no where near an underground reservoir.

I have had a good look at the earlier plans, the architects produced proper surface drainage arrangements that were suitable and viable for a site on top of the drinking water reservoir. The plans that were just for one building are much more detailed than the China Gateway application, much of which goes into tremendous detail about drainage plans that wouldn’t possibly be allowed and provides a smoke screen of hundreds of pages of nonsense, that covers up the fact that the proper research and design for drainage just hasn’t been done.

What I am hoping is that the councillors that have to make a decision about the China Gateway on the 9th of next month, will take a little time to compare both applications.

For those of you in a hurry click here for the most pertinent document, for those of you prepared to struggle with the cranky planning site the China Gateway application reference is F/TH/08/0400 and the other submitted by Cummins Power Generation is TH/05/1410 click here to go to the planning site.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how many will read it... actually I wonder how many will bother to do more than read the executive summary? I hope that most do give it all a good reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.