Friday 28 November 2008

China Gateway

It’s nearly 2 months since China Gateway’s plans were approved so I thought I would see if I could find out if anything has happened I put its planning reference F/TH/08/0400 into the Thanet planning site at http://www.ukplanning.com/thanet no new documents.

Checked out Commercial Group Properties on the Stock Exchange website http://www.londonstockexchange.com/en-gb/pricesnews/prices/system/detailedprices.htm?sym=GB00B1P70L34GBGBXAIM%20B1P70L3CMGP no shares have been traded for a month.

Checked out Commercial Group Properties website http://www.commercialgroupproperties.plc.uk/announcements.htm nothing seems to have been added to the site for over a month.

Searched for China in the search box on the TDC website http://www.thanet.gov.uk/Default.aspx the most recent thing to come up was nearly a year old, well that the TDC website for you, keeping us all informed.

Does anyone know if anything is going on?

3 comments:

  1. Nothing at the moment by the sounds of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to say nothing at all, Michael. No extra Planning Committee sessions to deal with the raft of conditions that have to be referred to it; no purchase of ransom strip and 5 acres for the Gateway Building; no indication of 'historical digs' and we must remember that CGP has said all along that Phase 1 depends on Phases 2 and 3, despite TDC accepting the Phase 1 application as a 'stand alone' application.

    The key indicator for any movement forward will be TDC attempting to change the LDF so that Eurokent can become housing as per EKO LLP's ambitions and thus pushing the case for extra employment land for Thanet and redesignating Phase 2 and 3 land for employment purposes within the LDF. KCC are already preparing their arguments and case for this change in the LDF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should read up on the LDF Annual Monitoring report [AMR] that goes off to government to justify changes.

    It goes to Cabinet this week, they are way ahead on house building and yes no water problems feature in it!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.