Monday 24 November 2008

Local Journo’s Blog Deleted

Looks like young Thom Morris has annoyed someone, his whole blog has been deleted and he has put up something that looks like a somewhat resentful advertisement for the paper he works for click here to see what I mean.

I wrote the paragraph below last time this happened, click here for the posting about it.

He is a professional journalist, and the message that deleting sends out to all of us is that a local journalist is being gagged. It is not possible that they wouldn’t understand this, no journalist deliberately hides their writing unless the hiding is a louder message that the writing. Loud silences have been one of the most powerful tools of journalists in oppressed regions for hundreds of years.

4 comments:

  1. And he's now deleted your comment Michael, strange...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The man who allows himself to be silenced was never worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't delete his comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, my apologies Thom. I looked at your 2nd post, not realising that there were two yesterday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.