Tuesday 9 December 2008

Bank managers clean up

Thanet District Council press release.

A total of 20 bags of rubbish have been collected by volunteer managers from HSBC out on a recent beach clean at Pegwell Bay, Cliffsend.

The clean up, which was organised by the Thanet Coast Project in conjunction with HSBC, was additional to the public beach cleans and enhanced the recent work by the Thanet Coast Project’s dedicated local volunteer wardens, who have spent a lot of their own time helping to clean up the bay.

Alan Hopkins, Head of Commercial for HSBC in East Kent, organised a team building day, which aimed to do something different for the community, in which the managers work. Alan had seen details of recent beach cleans and thought it was a good opportunity for his team of 10 commercial managers to support the work undertaken by other local people.

Bev Edwards, Commercial Manager at HSBC, said: “It was a very enjoyable afternoon and I would encourage others to volunteer in a similar way. The team appreciated the opportunity to get outside and do something different. We were amazed at the amount of litter there was when, at first glance, the beach looked quite tidy.”

Tony Child, Thanet Coast Project Manager, said: “We’re always on the lookout for more volunteers to help with the ongoing task of keeping our beaches beautiful and clean. I’d like to thank the volunteers from HSBC for their help. It’s made a real difference to the appearance of Pegwell Bay. If there are any other groups or businesses who would like to get involved with beach cleans, then please contact the Thanet Coast Project.”

More information about the Thanet Coast Project can be found at www.thanetcoast.org.uk or by calling 01843 577672.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.