Thursday 15 January 2009

Asset management update

Thanet district Council press release

The council has received over 300 letters and e-mails from members of the public as part of its latest asset management consultation.

Local people were asked to comment on 17 sites across Thanet which have been identified as suitable for possible sale with the proceeds re-invested into building new facilities.

A large number of responses were received regarding the Ramsgate Maritime Museum and a petition of over 2,500 signatures was submitted regarding the proposals for the Margate Caves.

Feedback from the consultation is now being analysed and the results will be presented to councillors at an extraordinary meeting of the Cabinet. This meeting, which is currently being scheduled, will also allow those who have already written in with their comments to appear in person to give their views on the proposals and details of this meeting will be circulated to everyone who responded to the consultation. The final decision will then be made at a further Cabinet meeting.

Cllr. Roger Latchford, Cabinet Member for Economy and Culture, said: “I’d like to thank everyone who took the time and trouble to have their say in this consultation. Feedback from residents is vital in determining the future use of the council’s assets and following the comments from local people last year a number of amendments were made to our proposals. I’m pleased that even more people decided to comment on the plans this year and I’m confident that their views will again prove invaluable in helping to shape the decisions made on the sale of council land.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.