Tuesday 3 March 2009

Kents Schools get massive funding boost

Stephen Ladyman Press Release

Kents Schools get massive funding boostThe Government is to pump money into Kent's economy this year by giving local schools a massive cash boost.


Every school in Kent will get a share of £10.6m worth of funding brought forward from 2010/11 to 2009/10 and paid directly to head teachers to spend how they wish.


They can spend it on new labs, books, or sports facilities - it will be up to them. In addition, Kent County Council will receive an extra £19.1m brought forward from next year for bigger building projects.


Stephen Ladyman, MP for South Thanet said: "The economic slow down may have started abroad but we have to take action at home to create new jobs and get business moving again. By bringing spending on Kent's schools forward from next year on this scale the Government is giving our local economy a real shot in the arm and at the same time giving our kids and schools a huge boost.


"Dr Stephen Ladyman


MP for South Thanet

House of Commons London

SW1A 0AA

Tel: 01843 852696

Fax: 01843 852689

1 comment:

  1. In addition to this, the government is pumping 600millions into the Kent Building Schools for the Future (BSF) Programme.

    All KCC has to do is manage the project without to much drain on the local taxes.
    One thing the govenment wont be doing is to build more grammar schools.

    In East kent I dont think this is a problem but in West Kent there are children that have passed the Kent test that have not and cannot be offered a suitable grammar school place.
    The system is such that only those with the very best results are accepted along side children from across the county borders.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.