Sunday 19 April 2009

BUDGET PETITION FOR SAVERS

Laura Sandys press release

Sandwich, Ramsgate and Broadstairs Speak Out

At high street events across the South Thanet Constituency, we have received hundreds of signatures in support of the Conservative call to give savers a tax break!
“We are proposing the basic rate tax payers should not pay any tax on their savings and that pensioners personal allowances should be raised. Currently there is no incentive to support those who save and with interest rates low, incomes for those who have saved for a rainy day is being slashed.” Said Laura Sandys, Conservative Parliamentary Candidate for South Thanet and Sandwich.

We hope that the Government will listen to our proposals and that the Budget will deliver much needed respite for our local savers and pensioners.

I f you would like to have your say then please fill out the petition on line http://www.telllaura.org.uk/home.php?page_id=13&p_action=view_petition&petition_id=10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.