Friday 3 April 2009

Getting the world economy back on track

Stephen Ladyman Press Release

G20 London summit delivers major progress

South Thanet MP Stephen Ladyman welcomed the progress made at this week's London G20 summit. The Leaders at the G20 agreed to:

Restore confidence, growth, and jobs: They committed to make available an additional $1.1 trillion programme of support to help the world economy through the crisis and to restore credit, growth and jobs.


Strengthen financial supervision and regulation: Leaders agreed to strengthen the financial system by putting in place a better and more credible system of surveillance and regulation
Fund and reform our international financial institutions to overcome this crisis and prevent future ones: Leaders agreed to make an additional $850 billion in resources available through international financial institutions like the IMF,
Promote global trade and investment and reject protectionism to underpin prosperity: Leaders committed not to resort to protectionism
Build an inclusive, green, and sustainable recovery: Leaders reaffirmed their commitment to meeting the Millennium Development Goals and to delivering on development aid pledges

Steve said:

“Our prosperity in East Kent depends on getting the Global economy back on track. Thanet and Dover are both districts where unemployment is still too high and far too many people struggle on low incomes. Its good news that world leaders have put this latest package of measures together. Although it will be a little time until we see the benefits right here in my South Thanet constituency at least we know now that we will bounce back.”

“We also need to congratulate Gordon Brown. Organising and leading the G20 was a triumph. I doubt any other world leader, never mind British politician, could have pulled it off. Well done Gordon.”

1 comment:

  1. the proof of the pudding is in the eating businesses still cant get acsess to funds but hey ho Steve says all is ok so it must be

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.