Thursday 30 April 2009

MP to race a Kawaski Superbike!

Stephen Ladyman Press Release

South Thanet MP, Stephen Ladyman, will ride a 200bhp Kawasaki Superbikein this year's Thundersprint Motorcycle Sprint on May 10th.Stephen is raising money for CALM, a charity that helps young men incrisis.Stephen Ladyman said:"Suicide is now one of the biggest killers of young men and CALM does avital job getting across its message that 'being silent is not beingstrong' and providing support for young men who contact them. I'mdelighted that


Thundersprint and Kawasaki are backing me and helping meraise money for them."Stephen will be riding a 200bhp Kawasaki MSS Colchester - the bikeridden by the Kawaski race team in last year's superbike races. He willbe joining the official Kawasaki race team for the day.Thundersprint is one of the biggest spectator events in Europe. It is amotorcycle sprint race held in Northwich, Cheshire.


This year it is onSunday May 10th."My first objective will be holding on and finishing the event in onepiece while getting as many people as possible to sponsor me and supportCALM. Frankly, as someone who loves motorbikes, I'll also be having agreat time.""I hope lots of people and companies are prepared to help.


Donations canbe sent to me at the House of Commons or, better still, by logging ontomy special JustGiving web site."The web site for donations is:www.justgiving.com/stephen-at-thundersprint"Suicide struck my own family out of the blue when my step-son Karl tookhis own life last year.


We miss him terribly but if CALM can save justone family from the heartbreak we have suffered then we need to backthem as much as we can."


If anyone wants to know more about CALM and especially if feelingdepressed, suicidal or in need of support then they should check theCALM website at http://www.thecalmzone.net/ or their help line on 0800 58 58 585pm to midnight Saturday to Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.