Wednesday 8 April 2009

Thanet district council more internet problems

I am coming to the conclusion that the council IT department needs a serious overhaul, the problems for an ordinary member of the public using their services are quite extraordinary.

I am engaged in a complex dialogue about the Pleasurama development with them at the moment, it would seem that the issue is coming to something of a head and all the indicators I am getting suggest that either new plans will have to be submitted or that the developer will pull out altogether.

My concern whatever happens is to get the site tidied up for this summer this is most important as it looks like this will be a boom year for English seaside towns.

The council officer in charge of the development is in regular email contact with me the last email I received from him was on the 2nd of this month i.e. 4 working days ago from his address drs@thanet.gov.uk

Some time ago his email address was HES@ I never did discover what this stood for, this then changed to HDS@ The Head of Development Services, then it metamorphosised into, DRS@ Director of Regeneration Services.

When I emailed him today I got the following error message from the TDC mail server 550 5.1.1 ... User unknown this is now the third of his email addresses to go this way, nothing telling you his new address.

Now this sort of Parkinson’s Law gone mad would be much more amusing, were it not both irritating and costing us all a lot of money.

We do seem to be spending a considerable amount of money paying the councils IT department to do the equivalent of putting pianos up trees.





1 comment:

  1. Try DRED@! (Director of Regeneration & Economic Development).

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.