Thursday 30 April 2009

Water Safety DVD

Thanet district Council press release

A new water safety DVD, aimed at primary and secondary school children, has been launched in Margate.

Aimed at those aged eight to 14 years old, “Water Safety in Thanet” is a partnership project between the Thanet Coast Project, lifeguards at Thanet Leisureforce, HM Coastguard and the RNLI. It focuses on the dangers around the Thanet coastline, how to stay safe, have fun on the beaches and look after the environment. A coastal education pack has also been created to go with the DVD.

Last night’s (Wednesday 29 April) launch at the Winter Gardens saw teachers from schools across Thanet attending to see the first public viewing of the DVD, with information about what the various organisations can offer schools.

Naomi Biggs, Thanet Coast Project Education Officer, said: “Getting the message across about water safety is vital, as in Thanet, the coastline plays such a huge part in all our lives. We know that children spend a lot of their holidays enjoying our beautiful beaches and that’s why we want to ensure that they know how to stay safe. We look forward to seeing this DVD being used in primary and secondary schools across Thanet to help get these vital messages across to pupils.”

Andy Roberts from the Maritime and Coastguard Agency said: “We’re fully committed to preventing loss of life, continuously improving maritime and foreshore safety and protecting the marine environment. This DVD is an excellent production that contains all the necessary safety messages. I have no doubt that it will greatly help in educating children in how to have fun safely on Thanet foreshores.”


Update by email

Hi MichaelMy name is Richard King and I run a local film production company called Positive Interaction Films, the film company behind the new Water Safety in Thanet DVD that was released on Wednesday 29th April as is featured on your Thanetonline blog website. We will soon be having a small feature on our website (www.pifilms.co.uk) about the launch event complete with a few photos and I was wondering if it was possible for you to edit my companies name (Positive Interaction Films) into the blog and provide a link to our news page (http://www.pifilms.co.uk/pages/latest-news.html) so that people can see a bit more about the event itself. I’d be more than happy to return the favour by linking to you when we get our links page up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.