Wednesday 6 May 2009

PARK MARK STATUS IN THANET

Thanet district Council press release

Three more council owned car parks in Thanet have been awarded Park Mark status, bringing the total number of car parks with this award to seven.

The Park Mark award is handed out by the British Parking Association as part of their Safer Parking Award Scheme and to achieve the award, the council had to prove that it had measures in place to deter criminal activity and anti-social behaviour.

Meeting Street and Staffordshire Street car parks in Ramsgate, along with Chandos Square in Broadstairs, are the latest to receive the award.

Four other car parks in Thanet, Mill Lane and Trinity Square in Margate and Leopold Street and Queen Street in Ramsgate, all retained their Park Mark awards.
Street Scene Manager, Bob Spicer, said: “We know that safety is a major concern to local people and that’s why we’re working hard to increase the number of Park Mark awards that Thanet has. These awards tell drivers that these car parks are safe and secure places to leave their vehicles and that’s an important message for the thousands of visitors that come to the area each year. We’ll be working hard to try and achieve more Park Mark awards in future years.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.