Saturday 2 May 2009

Stephen Ladyman MP to ride 200horsepower Kawasaki Superbike for CALM charity

Stephen Ladyman Press Release

Known for his love of fast cars and high powered motorcycles, the MP for South Thanet, Dr Stephen Ladyman, is making ready to ride a 200 horsepower racing motorcycle in aid of charity.

The 57 year old Member of Parliament, who started his two wheeled love affair on a humble 50cc machine at 16 years old, will ride an MSS Colchester Kawasaki Superbike at the Thundersprint event held in Northwich on 10 May.
Having owned, “too many bikes to remember”, Ladyman has decided that the high profile event, which annually attracts over 100,000 visitors, is the ideal platform to bring attention to the CALM charity, the focus of his fund raising attempt.

“CALM seeks to help young men who are experiencing a variety of serious personal issues”, commented Ladyman. “The theme of the web site at TheCalmZone.net is that staying silent is not being strong”.

One thing that Ladyman will not be on 10 May is silent though as he rides a highly tuned British Superbike helped by Kawasaki’s official entry in the 2009 Championship, as MSS Colchester Kawasaki’s Team Principle, Nick Morgan, explained.

“Kawasaki Motors UK have arranged for Stephen to borrow a standard road going ZX-10R so that he can acclimatise himself to the big Ninja. That will stand him in good stead, but he will still have be 100% focussed at the Thundersprint to make best use of all the technology that is packed onto a 200 mile an hour racing bike.”

Ed. If you want to sponsor Steve click on the link below.

6 comments:

  1. Did he pay for it or was it on expenses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets hope he falls off

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear me anonymouses he is doing this for charity and Kawasaki UK are funding it, perhaps like me you are just jealous that you won’t get a chance to ride the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, Michael. I find it interesting that we seem to have a fair number of bikers amongst our local politicians; Ladyman, Moores and Ezekiel come to mind. Any others?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only someone with a daeth wish would be jealous of driving one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12.26 I have always been of the opinion that doing something mildly dangerous helps produce a healthy mind, something I would wish to encourage in my MP. I have had a number of motorbikes and the only time I ever fell off was when my Norton Dominator (88 wideline 1958) toppled over while stationary in the petrol station with me, my brother and all our camping equipment on it, rather embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.