Wednesday 21 October 2009

A Policeman’s Lot is Not a Happy One

I finally managed to make the new police Kent crime statistics website to sort of work see http://maps.police.uk/view/kent/ as dreadful websites that are both hard to comprehend and don’t work properly it takes the biscuit.

Taking the Thanet crime statistics they seem to be saying:

The level of Burglary in this area is average

The level of Robbery in this area is high

The level of Vehicle crime in this area is average

The level of Violence in this area is high

The level of Anti-social behaviour in this area is high

Trying to understand their statistics beggars belief, you can download them and open them if you have the right software installed, perhaps they lack the ability to publish a chart online, anyway I have just published the Thanet statistics as a normal web page, click on the link to view http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts10/id24.htm is it me or is something wrong with the maths and is the something getting worse.
I thought the picture would amuse some of you, it’s of the local policeman and the chap who ran the caves that collapsed on the westcliff, they are standing right on top of them probably not all that long before they collapsed.

1 comment:

  1. Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics comes to mind. I watched a programme in the week and a lot of call are recorded as no crime when in fact crime has been committed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.