Saturday 21 November 2009

Morning walk and a couple of hundred pictures of Ramsgate

A few thoughts about the photographs I took this morning.

Another new shop in Ramsgate High Street Mr Bankrupt, some would say that trading under a name like that is asking for trouble.

Another new shop in Queen Street, Baltic Branch, the shop sign appears to be in several languages including Russian and Lithuanian so I am a bit vague about what they sell.

I went down to port Ramsgate to find out if anything that had happened down there re Euroferries, the girl on the Transeuropa desk said nothing they knew of, apparently the new booths are theirs.

The pictures of model ships were taken in the sailor’s church.

They don’t appear to have used external ply for the Pleasurama hoardings, which are already delaminating and in some places they don’t seem to have used external paint either in some places, no real surprises there.

Someone has broken a gap in the hoardings, something that is handy from my point of view as the council are disputing my assertion that there are no foundations to parts of the cliff façade and I need to get in there and take some more pictures.

Click on the links below for the pictures, I will try and at least rotate the ones that are on their sides in the fullness of time.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop/id30.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop/id31.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop/id32.htm

4 comments:

  1. Thankyou for your pictorial efforts...Ramsgate is a fascinating place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11.40 I am surprised more people don’t seem to do this, from the responses that I get, particularly from people who can’t for one reason or another walk around here themselves is considerable, and as publishing them is an automated process it doesn’t take much of my time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I don't think Saint-Tropez has much to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for one thank you Michael its like going on the walk yourself, Cheers. Don

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.