Thursday 3 December 2009

A few thoughts on Ramsgate’s cliff safety, infrastructure and a morning walk.

Sorry about the length of the previous post I have now managed to publish most of it on a separate webpage, the mouse on my laptop went wrong last night so I didn’t do it then.

My concerns about the cliff problems and allowing heavy vehicles near the cliff edge where the condition of the cliff is suspect, seems to be falling mostly on deaf ears at the council, so I have tried another approach which is to contact the head offices of both the civil engineering consultants that the council use and the contractor that did the £1m repair to the cliff façade.

They are both large and reputable firms and I have some hope that one of them will take some sort of action, most particularly imposing temporary weight limits.

I have got most response from telephoning the engineers involved, at the moment they seem strangely reluctant to put anything in writing although there is a lot of concern expressed on the telephone.

This link takes you to today’s pictures http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop2/id8.htm

I will probably ramble on as the day continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.