Sunday 20 December 2009

John Lennon seen in Ramsgate’s Italianate Greenhouse and more pictures and ramble.

It has been pointed out by a few people that you can see faces in the picture if the Italianate greenhouse at the top of my previous post (click on it to enlarge) the most sceptical person here said I can’t see anyone apart from John Lennon on the right of the doorway.

This all lead me to remember that I had a folder of pictures of Ramsgate some of which are a little on the ghostly side due to having been copied from the original collection using a camera, click on the link for them http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop3/id10.htm

Some points of interest are:

Dancing at the eastcliff bandstand, the dance floor doesn’t look like the one we have now, so perhaps we could get it replaced with something we can afford.

The original rustic bridge over the Albion Gardens waterfall.

The flowerdew grave.

Rather primitive freight handling arrangements at the harbour.

Moses shipyard where the port is now.

The rather drastic marine drive proposal.

A concert party on the pav’s sundeck.

The building of the military parade brick arches.

The rather ghostly image of the building that used to house the camera obscura.

I think most of them are pretty obvious but I will be happy to answer any comments about anything you can’t identify.

A few pictures from the last few days, including getting the Christmas tree photographed for the children and some of the snow, click on the link for them http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/laptop3/id11.htm

I figure that anyone getting this far through my ramble deserves a small Christmas present one of the books I publish is "Keble's Penny Guide to Margate and the Isle of Thanet 1885" I have put sample pages up and you can click on this link if you want to buy the printed version http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id323.htm alternatively you can click on this link to read the whole guide now http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts129/id21.htm

I will ramble on.

1 comment:

  1. even with all the tablets I take I cant see John Lennon. I recon its a finger print on your glasses Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.