Wednesday 31 March 2010

Turner Contemporary events and exhibitions for Easer and April.

After my rather downbeat posts about their activities during this month I wondered what they had planed for April and especially to draw tourists to Margate over the Easter holiday.

The school holidays this year run for about two thirds of April, so a lot of people in the southeast will be looking for events and days out during April.

As I pointed out on Monday Thanet’s largest all weather attraction the Powell Cotton Museum (This museum receives no public or government money) has events for all ages on over Easter, so I was interested to see what the publicly funded Turner Contemporary gallery in the Droit House was doing for Margate over this critical period.

Nothing on their website so I rang them, the answer was nothing the Droit House is closed for the whole of April including Easter.

Frankly with art galleries up and down the country holding events for adults and children and hosting exhibitions all through April and Easter, I don’t really know what to make of this information.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame they can't put Tracey's neon sign up earlier. That should bring them in by the thousands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been out since before Christmas and fancied going down to the harbour arm to greet Caitlin and Co. but maybe not then cos I wanted to drop into Droit house

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.