Thursday 13 May 2010

The Turner Contemporary Tracey Emin Exhibition

I thought I would go over to Margate and look at the exhibition in The Droit House, this time no one prevented me from taking photographs.

This link takes you to Tracey’s website http://www.tracey-emin.co.uk/tracey-emin-home.html

There was also a video playing in the gallery by Tracey called, “Why I Never became a Dancer”, about her sex life as a teenager in Margate.

The pictures could have been better but I didn’t want to attract too much attention by using the flash, I am also doing this from my notebook as it is my day off so I haven’t enhanced them, anyway here is the link, what you see is what you get http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/510/id11.htm

3 comments:

  1. I might go down and have a look this weekend now the weather has warmed up a bit. Its cold on my scooter but I can get in there OK so wont get to cold. if I go Saturday I can pop in to see them at Caitlins Beach Cruisers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you see is what you get .Not fitting for the old harbour office across the road maybe! perhaps i am just getting old and do not understand modern art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anywhere else this would be seen as obscene graffiti not art! If this is a preview of the likely contents of the Turner gallery Margate and indeed Thanet need to be prepared for some bad press, not the kind of thing visitors with young children should be exposed too. But like your previous respondent, maybe it’s my age or opinions on decency and acceptable standards?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.