Sunday 20 June 2010

Pictures of Broadstairs Dickens Festival 2010

About 300 pictures taken today mostly of the people who make a considerable effort to dress up for the Dickens Festival.

As far as the copyright goes if it is for a non commercial purpose then please feel free to use the pictures how you like, if you need any of them in high definition email me, link on the sidebar, same if you want to use any of them for commercial purposes.

If you need any of them printed out all the libraries and most copy shops should be able to do this and I will do any that I can in the bookshop for anyone who wants them, remember it is closed on Thursdays and Sundays.

Click on the links for the pictures

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/dickens/

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/dickens/id3.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/dickens/id4.htm

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/dickens/id5.htm

More pictures here http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/dickens/id7.htm from evening 21st June.

Pictures from the evening of 22nd June 2010 http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/Dickens/id8.htm

the main advantage with the large size originals is that I can crop out part of the picture and still get a fairly high definition print for you, so if there is something modern in the background or you were carrying a plastic carrier bag I can sometimes remove it.

The pictures started publishing to the internet at 5.25pm and it will be about an hour before they are all uploaded and you can see them all, it takes a lot longer to put things on the web than to view them.
Two lots of apologies here, one is some of the pictures are on their sides and I will endeavour to sort that out tomorrow, this is because the monitor I use on my day off is much smaller that the one in the bookshop.

The other is that shop and family commitments meant that I once again failed to get pictures of Margate’s Big Event.
I should point out that this isn’t a deliberate slight to the council or Margate but due to the fact that I run the shop on Saturday and like last year one of my children’s friends birthday parties falls on the Sunday and is held in Broadstairs on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.