Monday 10 January 2011

A Peer at the End of the Pier in Ramsgate

Not that pier silly it was demolished 1930 having been damaged by a mine in 1919 although I do publish a book about it, see http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id122.htm
This one, these ones strictly called harbour arms, the picture taken this morning – sorry it’s a bit murky, it was like that this morning – as you can see the dredging needs doing.
There were also quite a few people in high vis jackets peering at the pier this morning, I had to go and open the bookshop so didn’t have time to investigate and didn’t have a zoom lens with me hence the pixels.
The council have put the lease for the Eagle Café, on the end of the pier up for tender, presumably they managed to get the leasehold back, lets hope it reopens this year.


As café culture the views from the site are stunning though sometimes it can be difficult to get to due to the weather, however as you can see from the video the very determined get there in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.