Sunday 1 May 2011

Pinch and a Punch It’s the First of the Month Thanet Blog Popularity Chart

Once again the statistics for this blog, first where my visitors came from (details of the numbers of people who clicked on a link on another website to arrive here) which gives some indication of the popularity of those other websites.

Here is the link http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/shop511/
 The pictures are screenshots from two different sources of statistical information about this blog and will expand into something large enough to read if you click on them.

There is a marked move away from Internet Explorer as the main web browser it is still being used by about half of us, but the latest version i.e. the most secure one won’t work on Windows XP which most of us are still using.
 I think the Google Analytics figure is more modest than the Blogger statistics figure because the code it uses is only in the front page of the blog, so that it it doesn’t pick up readers who click on a link to a particular post.  
 Thanks to all of my readers during the last month, however many there were.


To end on a note of embarrassment the counter on this blog has now passed the 200,000 mark the only problem is that I can’t remember when I put it on.

You will have to rely on Bloggers Pageviews all Time History which started in July 2010 and tell you there have been 165,574 visits since then.   


PS. On mobile blogging, there has been a marked increase in people assessing the Thanet Blogs by Iphone, this is a mobile phone that allows you to access the internet from almost anywhere. This facility has now become so cheap, I pay an extra £20 for six months unlimited internet access on my pay as you go phone. Making it the cheapest internet access I know of.

Much of this access is now happening via http://thanetblogs.blogspot.com/ which allows one to read the comment and posts on the main Thanet Blogs from one internet page. This is much quicker on a mobile connection than opening each blog one at at a time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.