Wednesday 15 June 2011

Margate Football Club new plans for 80 bed hotel 11 all weather pitches etc submitted


The plans are on the council’s planning website http://www.ukplanning.com/thanet planning ref F/TH/11/0428 the main plan is the one above, click on it to enlarge it.

There may have been a council press release about this, of course as an unaccredited news source I wouldn’t know.

 I will expand on this one if I get time.

Here comes the promised expansion, this is a Margate issue and doesn’t really effect me, also it is something that I don’t really know much about, this is how I read the situation and I would be glad if anyone would correct me in the comments.

My understanding is that some residents are concerned that putting the new artificial pitch where the club want to will fragment the park. This has all got tangled up with the club wanting to improve the facilities on the existing football ground site, something that I don’t think anyone was against.

Enter the council and everyone will have to abide by their rules, regardless of whether the result is beneficial to the club, the park users or Margate, stir in a few solicitors, get everyone’s backs up and you have the current situation.

I think Margate could easily end up with the park fragmented and the club facilities not improved.   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael, here is a comment from the MFC forum today explaining what is going on here:

    "Basically, Travelodge require room sizes that are slightly smaller than the ones incorporated in the original approved planning application. So to comply with Travelodge’s needs the developer has applied to TDC for a section 73 for minor amendments.

    "The overall impact is to reduce the length of the core building by a couple of meters which means it can be dealt with by officers and not the full planning process.

    "Keith is planning to make a statement at the club’s AGM in July - initially to shareholders and asap after to supporters generally."

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.