Tuesday 13 March 2012

Gimme Shelter a ramble a about charity, shops, shelters and the stuff of local news.


The Ramsgate shelters project is taking shape with several almost restored to their former glory, lets hope the survive, metal thieves, vandals, caught shorts and so on.
Work has started on the new development at Granville Marina, the one on the bend near where Nero’s was.
The bank of earth at the front of Quex Park has been removed considerably enlarging the car park for Quex Barn farm shop and Restaurant.    
Pleasurama still seems to have ground to a halt, cliff problems, flood risk problems, financing problems, development agreement problems? Who knows? 
Can a charity shop go bankrupt?

This one apparently has, do the bailiffs come in and take away the donations?



This shop in Queen Street has closed for the second time in about three months. 

Jimmy Godden’s arcade had been refitted and reopened. 


Jimmy Godden’s other arcade has closed and rumour has it that Terry Painter will be taking it over as an estate agents concentrating on selling The Royal Sands.



Yesterday, beside the fair,
I sold flat that wasn’t there
It wasn’t there again today


Oh yes and I bought a new pencil, much more difficult than you would think, the new one is an American Venus the old one nearly down to the stub is an English Venus, the American ones have thicker leads.


I have just been trying it, pencil sketches don’t photograph well for me, but you get the idea.

I may ramble on, as there is loads more where that lot came from if I get the time. 


2 comments:

  1. Michael, Do you happen to know what is going to be built on the old Neros sight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John nothing as far as I know, I believe it belongs to the council and would have to through the asset disposal process as well as planning.

      If you mean the development near where ti was click on the link http://thanetonline.blogspot.com/2012/02/development-at-arches-granville-marina.html

      Delete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.