Friday 3 August 2012

Ramsgate Week Ramble


Tomorrow is the last day of Ramsgate Week, to be honest I hardly noticed that it was happening, it is a local event that doesn’t seem to link well with the town.

There were quite a few visiting boats when I went out this evening, sorry about the pictures I only had my mobile phone with me.
There was a visiting MFVish boat that I found interesting, wondered what the rig would be like up and whether the sails would push her along in any meaningful way.
 The usual mix of windfarm boats were moored in the harbour, I do wonder if the town is getting the most out of this, there are a considerable amount of highly paid workers on these boats.

Most of the slipways seem out of action and I am told that it is usual for the boats to elsewhere just to get a paint job.  

We ate in the Belgian Café, which was very good, I did the inevitable sketch, my sketches there have the added dimension that the light is fairly dim so I don’t really get to see what I have done properly, until I get home.

It is a very good place to go in the evening if you have children with you, there are computers and other things to amuse them and they enjoy going there.  
I forgot to photograph the food, but did remember the children’s knickerbocker glories  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.