Monday 13 August 2012

Royal Sands Development on the Pleasurama Site Ramsgate Update.


The map above is of the site in 1872 and shows the site when it was a railway station, if like me you are sick to back teeth of the Pleasurama saga you can open a large version of this map, and journey around Ramsgate before the naughty 90s. the map only works properly in internet explorer, here is the link http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/map1872/id3.htm

The council have finally published the agenda for the overview and scrutiny meeting on Thursday to discuss the call in of the cabinet decision to sell the freehold of the site to the developer, click on this link to read it http://tdc-mg-dmz.thanet.gov.uk/documents/s26584/Scrutiny%20call%20In%20-%20Royal%20Sands%20Report.html?CT=2

It does give us a bit more information about what is a very important issue for Ramsgate, which the council only seem to wish to discuss in secret.

My own interest here is to try and ensure that the site has the flood risk assessment highly recommended by The Environment Agency, this link takes you to their letter about this issue http://michaelsbookshop.com/ea/id2.htm

I don’t like the idea of building a new development on a high risk flood zone without a flood risk assessment, apart form the obvious sense of blundering about in the dark, it is likely to blight the development to a greater or lesser degree, making financing in difficult economic times even more difficult.

I will add to this one as the day progresses.       

1 comment:

  1. It is very difficult to understand why they don't request one from the developer. If they don't request could they not be liable some time in the future under "duty of care" or "due diligence"

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.