Thursday 1 August 2013

Stamp on the toe for being so slow.

Here are last months referral stats http://michaelsbookshop.com/laptop813/ 
 I am sitting in the garden watching the clouds, frankly it's a bit too hot for me today.

A large and rather hairy caterpillar, the pound coin is for scale

 and some other bug both at WC today while the fairer sex were shopping or dropping.

the blog stats since October 2007 when I started have passed the million page views mark during the last month and from the amount of spam comment I would say it is becoming a victim of its own success.   

There is also a certain amount of comment now that I can only describe as cyber bullying and although I delete it as soon as I see it, is is unpleasant and takes a lot of the fun out of blogging.



4 comments:

  1. Manston Green in the Gazette - yet another 800 houses and road development - near Tesco Manston. Does Thanet need it? And what happened to the 30K(?) houses around WC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't understand the Fire Brigade trying to demolish the Ramsgate pool to build a new fire station? And only 2 fire engines with one for volunteers. Waste of tax - we need the pool refurbed and back open with Poole's pool on the seafront.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With Sandys correctly declariing Southern Water unfit for purpose we need reform of TDC and these quangos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second bug is the larvae of a Vapourer moth...apparently a very common moth nothing of any great destinction despite its exotic looking antecedent. And how do I know all this, well one dropped out of a tree the other day onto the Memsahibs head thus provoking an enquiry.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.