Thursday 10 October 2013

Geraldine Cornwall at the York Street Gallery in Ramsgate and a minor ramble

Here are the pictures of the pictures, another one not to miss, the exhibition is on until Wednesday including Sunday, the pictures will expand if clicked on. I managed to catch the artist in the gallery, so photo of her too.
















Oh My Cod fish and chip shop is now open in King Street.


Having picked up a special offer £2.99 cake at the end of It’s sell by date in Waitrose to amuse my children, can I take some to school dad? Will you take a picture of it dad? And so on, when I opened Google+ which is where the photos from my phone go automatically, I got a message on the cake one saying: Is this a picture of Michael Child?


One of the flats near to my bookshop caught fire yesterday, I am glad to report that no one was hurt and the fire brigade put it out before it spread to the other flats in the same building.


A side effect of this was that my bookshop was behind the cordoned off area “Fire in progress do not enter” or whatever it said. Strangely enough this didn’t seem to prevent my bookshop customers from getting through, so while the drama was going on we carried on trading.


In the interesting modern world there are now so few shops, other than those selling food and clothes where one can engage in normal shopping now, I can understand why we are still fairly busy. A prime example of this problem is the new exhibition at The Turner  Contemporary, you can buy the exhibition catalogue in the gallery’s shop for fifteen quid or buy it online new and including postage for about a tenner.


However you look at it this it takes the pleasure out of shopping and you would have thought that between them the gallery and the publisher could have ensured that the catalogue was competitively priced.

New shopfronts going in to the recently rebuilt shops in Harbour Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.