Monday 6 January 2014

Posting to Google blogspot.com with an android smartphone and a minor ramble

I have posted around 2,500 bog posts to this blog and it has had about a million and a quarter pageviews, so I guess it has taken quite a lot of my time.

Every so often I take stock of the logistics of blogging and today was one of those days, anyway I have finally cracked posting properly from my android phone.

If there are any apps that allow you to do this as well as you can with an ordinary computer I haven’t managed to find them, however the android phone Chrome browser has now improved to the point where you can use the blog administration pages well enough to post using it.

Frankly I don’t think there is anything you can’t do this way that you can do using an ordinary laptop or pc. The only limitations seem to be down to your manual dexterity using a small touch screen.  

Here is the link to the post I did today using this method, the only bit I didn’t post with my smartphone was the picture of the smartphone for obvious reasons http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/posting-to-blogspotcom-with-android.html


Here in Ramsgate a new sweetshop has opened in the High Street, no sign yet so I don’t know what it’s called.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.