Saturday 30 May 2015

Pen and watercolour sketching in Broadstairs today

I pulled a skive today and went off sketching in Broadstairs.


The main objective was to colour in the pen sketch I did at the beginning of this month, a view looking down Albion Street from Costa.


Here is a photo for art critics.

Of course when I turned up the seat was taken so I did this one


A sketch looking up Broadstairs High Street form Costa


Photo for art critics, whoops sorry not very good is it.

I then went off to The Old Bake House for lunch where I had an excellent bread and cheese job, 3 types of cheese and loads of bread for £5, I will be going there again.


As you see the angle of the view is really too acute to sketch



All I can say about the result is that it was good practice although I will probably go back and finish it off.

Oh and this strange one of the bandstand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.