Wednesday 29 July 2015

I'm still Painting in the Ramsgate Clockworks with not much to say.

As it is the middle of summer it is possible to paint and draw before work, so at this time of year I get up at about 5am so I can start painting around six. I don't really think I would be able to pull this off without The Oak Hotel, where you can get coffee a comfortable seat and a good view with the sun roughly behind you from about six.

My early morning painting isn't very concentrated, much of the time being spent talking wind farmers and others who have to be up early. This tends to result in strange rather obsessive paintings where I have experimented with different effects while waking up.


This painting of Ramsgate Clockhouse has been going on outside The Oak on most mornings for about two weeks now. The latest thing is that having bought most powerful reading glasses, I have been putting on fine detail, if you click on the picture it will expand and then if you click on it again it will get considerably bigger than the original.  


My bookshop is now in the busiest part of the year, with lots of books coming and going on a daily basis, if you have a look at the bookshop blog http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ you can see what I mean. This means that I don’t have much time for blogging, which I guess fits quite well with not newsworthy much happening locally at the moment. A glance at the agenda for tomorrow's TDC cabinet meeting http://democracy.thanet.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=151&MId=4047 sums up the lack of activity out to lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.