Tuesday 20 October 2015

I paint Curchill’s window frame for school open day

Passing through Spencer Square tonight on the way for a burger, I noticed that Vincent van Gogh who lived at 10, 11 or 12 has a blue plaque that says he was a painter. I sort of supposed that he would have had one that says he was an artist, as it sort of suggests he was the house painter who decorated 10, 11 and 12.

I, we got the early evening off, because of school, my youngest two children were helping with their school’s open evening for prospective pupils.

Considering the way art is going today I suppose for old VvG, there isn’t much to choose between being associated with painters and decorators and other such ragged trousered philanthropists and being associated with installation art.


Now me, for a number of reasons. What? I know that I’m painter. However an artist; I just don’t know. Rather in the way I don’t know if, an artist can be equivalent 8 to a bricklayer, so armed with these ideas I decided to paint the window of VvG’S local boozer over my burger.




Oh and this sign which seemed to equate to. "Fighting is prohibited on the killing ground."
Which was almost too much for me.


After this I rushed off to school where a group of youfs showed me their pictures and I showed them my window painting.

Meanwhile back at the bookshop, replacing Hopeful Monsters and other fiction today, see http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/more-fiction-arrivals-in-bookshop.html 

"The conceit of literary intellectuals is to imagine that other people don't have ideas so that they can assume a superior status by having their own." - Nicholas Mosley.

At this point, I thought I would say. “I am not an intellectual.”

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the Americans seem to be saying that while on the one hand, they are considering litigation against TDC on the other hand they would still like to be partners, and not as you would suppose, four fingers and a thumb.

The tale of two Manstons defies ordinary comprehension, I can’t explain it here as it has passed out of the realms of reason.


I should point out here, the picture at the top of the page is not contemporary art, it just isn’t finished yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.