Saturday 24 October 2015

My most bizarre artistic experience at Turner Contemporary so far.

For some inexplicable reason my children wanted to go to Dreamland today, the ghost train has mentioned several times this evening, so while this is in no way a review of Dreamland as I didn’t go, it may be worth trying.

Being somewhat inconvenient, needing inspiration for a painting, a café with a view where one is allowed to vape, paint, get the old PG and chocolate cake, I made my way to Turner Contemporary.


I had lunch in the café and started this pen and watercolour sketch of Margate Lighthouse.


After I had got this far, I wandered into Margate and bought some books for my bookshop.

I got back to the gallery at about 4pm, thinking as the gallery closed at 5pm I had hour to paint.

I should have paid more attention to the signage in the gallery.



 At 4.35 an electrically powered blind descended obscuring the view, I asked the chap at the next table if has installed any unusual apps on hos phone recently and eventually asked the Cafe staff, the replied that it was because they were closing.

I explained that I needed to see the view because I was painting it, this fell on deaf ears, so I gave up and left.

I am now even more convinced that I am a painter and not an artist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.