Thursday 15 October 2015

Watercolour sketch from Wellingtons Café in Deal, the smell of new books, more of Manston’s fat lady, Dreamland Scenic Railway opens tomorrow and a ramble.

I spent some of the day bookbuying in Dover and Deal, I am afraid this was curtailed when I stopped at Wellingtons Café on Deal seafront.


This watercolour was going to be a quick sketch, but the view, atmosphere and food meant I want to go back a few times, so 2 hours, 1 pot of tea, 1 cheeseburger and chips, one chocolate cake and quite a lot of painting on about a sixth of an A4 sheet later.




The Manston issue latest, RiverOak have published legal advice on the internet, see http://www.riveroakinvestments.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions-15th-october-2015/ this makes two all to RiverOak and Council leader Chris Wells infringing the agreement between the council and RiverOak only to issue joint statements while negotiations occur. I would say that this is a sure sign that negotiations have broken down completely and can see no way that this or any council would continue serious negotiations with any company that will infringe publicly published agreements at the drop of a hat. How officers must view having a council leader who does so beggars belief. 


Having just returned home to find boxes of brand new paperbacks have been delivered, cover prices ranging from £7.99 to £12.99 but all bought at a price so they can go out on the shelves in my bookshop at £2.99 each, I am happy indeed.

Not naff titles as you can see


Dreamland Scenic Railway opens tomorrow, I probably won’t go on it this weekend because of the weather forecast and having to organise my life in advance.

No callback from TDC on the slipways developer, no artist’s impressions of the new workshop building from the developer.


The work on the Pleasurama cliff façade seems to be almost on schedule, so perhaps something will happen on the site, who knows?

On the blogging front the automatic pageview counter provided by Blogger is coming up to the 2,000,000 pageviews since July 2010. I can set the thing on either month, week or all time and have set it on all time, perhaps the lucky two millionth visitor will notice. Pageviews at the moment seem to be running at about 1,200 a day.


I will try to ramble on here, after supper.

Ah here we go again, That's torn it, the council have published their side of the now not so confidential negotiations http://thanet.gov.uk/the-thanet-magazine/news-articles/2015/october/tdc-response-to-riveroak-faqs

Thanet Extra are tweeting tonight's Thanet Council meeting




2 comments:

  1. Who are Riveroak please see the blog http://promote-ramsgate.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/riveroak-who-are-they.html

    What are your thoughts Michael on the above and this from TDC

    http://thanet.gov.uk/the-thanet-magazine/news-articles/2015/october/tdc-response-to-riveroak-faqs/

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.