Thursday 5 November 2015

Lovely’s Art Shop and Bernie's Chocolate Bar in Margate

FAQ why am I listening to "Sodomy" by Donnie Dacus having looked for Donna? Wondering vaguely why this sixteen year old virgin isn’t on Wikipedia in the right place https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair:_Original_Soundtrack_Recording when I realise that the album can’t date from 1979 as I first heard it in the smoking room at school when I was 16 in 1968, it had to be as I wouldn’t have been allowed in there until I was 16 and I left school just after I was 17.


The album is right as yousee. Click on to expand


Why would I go to Lovely’s and spend £20.34 on two paintbrushes when I could have bought them online for £13.86? The answer to this is easy because I could try them first and I tried several of the same make and size before I was happy with the one’s I bought. There is of course the snag with online bought ones that they could be fakes.



I have become a fan of Bernie's Chocolate Bar, and when I sat down "Aquarius" from “Hair” started to play, well you know how it is with music, you tend to expect the next tracks on the album to appear.


Hence – perhaps – the unusual perspective in the paining of the inside of Bernie's Chocolate Bar in Margate.


Some of today's pictures now.

  



not one of my pictures this, but handy for rinsing the bow and arrow one at TC from the mind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.