Sunday 3 January 2016

Dreamland Zoo Margate Photos from 1977

Photos courtesy of Derek Mollett who managed the zoo in 1977.






 
Ed. For me this is one of those, does anyone remember, things, I worked at Dreamland at some time in the early 70s and put up a post back in 2008 about walking (exercising in the early hours of the morning)  the zoo lions on the beach in the 70s.

Back in 1970somethingoranother, who knows, the early 70s for me are a bit like the 60s are supposed to be inasmuch as I was there, but don’t remember much about it.

The funfairs I worked for then have all rather merged into one and as I worked for Chipperfieds, where lions were involved too, I thought I had probably imagined them in Margate.

I am pretty sure the chap running the zoo was an Australian when I was there, so not Derek.


6 comments:

  1. The picture of myself Derek mollett and the lady who I believe to be Maureen Taylor,holding a puma cub,which was born on the 07,07,1977

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello do you remember the little boy who was mauled by one of the lions 1976

      Delete
    2. The guy was Charlie, mick pebbles DON rose also lived on site so did I and my mum linda

      Delete
  2. Does anyone know if any animals escaped from the zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,


    Does anyone know more info on the bears that were kept in the zoo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do you want to know about the bears and who are you

      Delete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.