Wednesday 4 May 2016

Isle of Thanet Visitors Guide for 1901 + ramble

A featured local book today, one of the ones I do a modern reprint facsimile wosisname, here is the inevitable link to the buy it now http://michaelsbookshop.com/catalogue/id166.htm and below the first 25 pages of the guide which should expand if you click on them.

The council have just sent me the press release saying that they exchanged contracts on the Pav yesterday, which is due to open next summer.


Lunch, all day breakfast, wosisname at Candy’s aka Topps – oh well £3 inc tea



I tried to sketch the Pav over lunch, but as you see it didn’t quite work out, trouble is that the variegations that would give it shape are for the most part in reality virtually flat – a straight line in reality. So this is one of several preliminary sketches that form part of the process of me working out how to draw it so it looks both three dimensional and fairly normal.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.