Tuesday 3 May 2016

Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate and Wetherspoons Update.

I would imagine that most of the readers of this blog know that The Royal Victoria Pavilion in Ramsgate is due to be turned into what is rumoured to be the largest pub in England by J D Wetherspoon.


Planning consent was granted on 13th April and has now appeared on the council’s website see https://planning.thanet.gov.uk/online-applications/files/261DE52F8B42CC792F670E7C29FAF245/pdf/F_TH_14_1170-DECISION_NOTICE-382145.pdf


I understand that the leasehold has now been transferred to J D Wetherspoon and that the keys have been handed over, there is an element of hearsay in this.




The first activity, which is happening on site today, is the installation of an alarm system and the proper securing of the building.


I would say that it is reasonable to call this “work starts on the Pav” but haven’t headlined it this way as like so many things in Thanet, the information leaks out.





Personally now that this is happening I am 100% behind it and hope the development is finished as soon as possible, I also hope that this will serve as a catalyst to get the other developments in this part of Ramsgate moving forward in some way that makes sense.

So wot’s it like inside, here are the links to the pictures I took of the inside










http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/pav2010/id5.htm

Having just finished work and read through this blog post checking the links it seems that once again the council’s wretched planning website has gone down. Not my fault and I will try to copy the approval document when it comes back. In the meantime here are the books that went out in my bookshop today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/chocolate-wars-in-bookshop.html   

As promised the decision notice click on it to big it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.