Sunday 12 June 2016

A few Margate photos, a bit more done to the watercolour painting of Old Kent Market in Margate, a watercolour from La Trappiste in Canterbury and a bit more done to the watercolour from Chocolate Café in Canterbury.

A long day today as we did the get up at six and go to the bootfair business, then on to Canterbury, then on to Margate.


The pictures start in Canterbury where we parked in the car park by the city wall and went into the cathedral grounds by that entrance, just inside is the stone with the William Wilberforce onit which seemed to be in keeping with the early rise.    
 onto La Trappiste for breakfast 



 Chocolate Cafe for lunch




 Not sure I am mastering the reflections of the people in the shop windows but it is interesting trying.


 on to Margate for tea and a bit of mobile phone photography, the photos of course will expand if you click on them









2 comments:

  1. Michael, Judging from your recent photographs you appear to be eating much less, especially at breakfast. Have you perhaps assumed the guise of the penniless artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah John my acute skintitus (impecunionervosa), caused by garret dwelling, can only be treated with a diet of marmalade and chocolate cake

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.