Saturday 4 June 2016

A painting in Café Rouge at Westwood Cross and another one in Turner Contemporary Art Gallery Margate, and the light. Stone Hill Park aka Manston planning application, the big question.

Going backwards in time from now
Here is the watercolour sketch in the cafe at Turner Contemporary Margate


This was going ok until the sun came out and I got too hot to paint, nb I waited until the victims/models/wossisfaces moved, before taking the photo.

Next the watercolour sketch in Café Rouge, a civilised addition to Westward cross.

This was going ok until the lights dimmed, presumably for more intimate evening trade.

On to Manston – again, so after yesterday’s post in which the elusive RiverOak finally replied to me confirming they had received the emails I sent them, see http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/manston-riveroak-consultation-update.html we now have the Stone Hill Park planning application published on the tdc, don’t hold your breath waiting for pages to open website.

Before the link, the tdc planning website has a mind of its own, sometimes things open and sometimes they don’t, some of the files are fairly large and may be demanding for your mobile/tablet/laptop/pc/wosistech, so here is the link https://planning.thanet.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=O5Z2F2QE00300

The snag here is that in normal circumstances the locals with a reasonable working knowledge of the environmental constrains associated with this sort of application would be going over it with a fine-toothed comb. However we now have a situation where people have backed themselves into various corners because of the airport. This means we have people who are for any aviation use, even if it is a freight hub, we have people who are against any aviation use…. Well I don’t have to draw a diagram here.

There is also the situation with the council that seems to be against any non aviation use for the site, I think this may mean that tdc goes down the road of not examining the plans properly and rejecting them, a road most likely leading to the planning inspectorate passing them without the council and us locals having much say on the environmental constrains.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.