Sunday 19 June 2016

Canterbury Chocolate Café Reflections Watercolour Painting

A bit more progress with the Canterbury Chocolate Café reflections watercolour painting.


With the sun out I did manage to photograph what I have been trying to paint in Canterbury the last few Sunday afternoons, although what the camera sees is very different to what you can actually see with your eyes from this view.




I didn’t get a lot done today as got a bit distracted by the food. 

The other interesting bit of Canterbury info is the Waterstones bookshop in St Margaret’s Street is to close and the Rose Lane branch will go back to three floors as it was when it was Ottakers Bookshop.


As far as I can see this will reduce the amount of space general bookshop space in Canterbury to about a third of what it was, there is an irony here as my bookshop in Ramsgate is much busier than it has been for years.

This link takes you to the pictures of the books we put out on the shelves yesterday http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/thames-sailing-barge-in-bookshop.html    

The way I measure general bookshops I would say in terms of range, particularly with literary fiction, art, transport and history, Waterstones in St Margaret’s Street Canterbury is the closest to my bookshop here in Ramsgate among the bookshops in east Kent. I have to say that this is not good news for retail bookselling in this area.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.