Monday 13 June 2016

Margate Dreamland goes wristband again, Ramsgate and the sad seafront sites and a bit more of the Ship Shape sketch.

Many years ago I worked as an engineer and some of the engineering jobs I had were on funfairs, I even worked at dreamland in this capacity. This was all a very long time ago before Dreamland was bought by the Dutch Bembom Brothers in 1981 and wristbands were introduced. Back in my day you paid on the ride and ride prices were adjusted depending on busy the park was at any given time.


I guess that if Dreamland has one mayor and resolvable problem it is the lack of a showman running it



To expand on what I mean, this is a picture of the main entrance taken yesterday and I guess it screams the person running this doesn’t have the first notion of the meaning of the word attraction.

I am not saying that Dreamland was all good, back in the day, this film was made in Dreamland  and is as close as I have seen to expressing the old Dreamland that I am sure most people would like to, what? Forget is not perhaps the right word, perhaps view with a selective memory


Toast marmalade coffee and watercolour breakfast at Ship Shape this morning, here are the prograss photos





After this work in my bookshop in Ramsgate, here is the link to the pictures of the books that went out on the shelves today http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/bear-grylls-appears-in-bookshop.html

 After work I went down to the seafront here in Ramsgate and took a few more photos with my mobile phone.



 One fairly serious mess here and I wonder; if this development has stalled for some reason whether it could be tidied up a bit for the summer,





 The really serious long term mess here, I wonder if there is any way at least part of this huge and long term derelict site could be tided up or even used for this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.