Wednesday 26 October 2016

Out and about with me in Ramsgate and the art of fortuitous blogging.

Down the years of blogging here in Thanet one of the things I have done is put up lots of photos. I don’t mean the historical ones, which generate the most interest, but snaps just taken walking around the area. I don’t think I am going to win any prizes for photography, what I like to do is just point the camera – well nowadays the phone and point and click.

The main thing is being able to set the camera so you can do this, for the most part I don’t want to have to set the focus, aperture, shutter speed – nor do I want to wait while the brain in the camera tries to do lots of stuff automatically – particularly with the focus.

Anyway my new phone an OUKITEL K6000 Pro would have none of this, something that wasn’t made any easier by my not being able to find the instruction manual online.

Anyway thanks to a comment on the blog and “A Better Camera” app I can now point and shoot again. Here are the photos I took when out to lunch in Ramsgate today https://goo.gl/photos/j1jSr2keFYNbRcp37

2 comments:

  1. Glad that A better camera seems to have done the trick.
    A couple of other apps I have used that may be of interest.
    Handy Scanner (free version) - scan documents to produce a pdf.
    Helmut - scans negatives to produce a positive photo - no need to but a stand alone converter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once again many thanks. I have installed the other two apps and will give them a go. I guess my old Note 1 has been dying on the memory front for so long I have got out of the adding apps business. The snap shot solution was mostly fixed by setting the focus on infinity, I fired the whole lot off in less than 30 mins, a lot quicker than painting watercolours, I will give the same walk another go with DRO and see if I can get a bit more even lighting. Basically though the results are what I had hoped for and I think at least as good as I was getting with the previous phone.

      Delete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.