Tuesday 21 February 2017

All About Ramsgate and Broadstairs 1864 and a minor Manston DCO update

Another old Ramsgate guide book featured today 


Here is the coloured frontispiece by W. McConnell

And here some pages for you to read



















On to improbable Manston related stuff, I suppose like many Manston Airport related issues the draft consultation document makes sense to someone, not me however so I have emailed The Department for Transport  


 RiverOak’s Manston Airport proposals

Hi with reference to the Manston DCO pre application https://infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/projects/south-east/manston-airport a draft consultation document has appeared on the Support Manston Airport website at http://www.supportmanstonairport.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/RSP-Draft-Statement-of-Community-Consultation-February-2017.pdf I am uncertain whether this website is partly or wholly run and or financed by the applicant.

I can’t find this document the National Infrastructure Planning website or either of the applicant’s previous websites http://www.riveroakinvestments.co.uk/ or http://www.riveroakic.com/

It appears that the applicant has now changed from an American company RiverOak Investment Corp., LLC One Atlantic Street, Suite 703 Stamford, CT 06901 U.S.A. to a UK company RiverOak Strategic Partners, 50 Broadway Westminster, London, United Kingdom, SW1H 0BL which doesn’t appear to have a website. Can you kindly confirm that this is correct.

I am assuming that as this draft consultation document has appeared in the public domain that this part of the process of determining the scope of the consultation and that eventually a formal consultation document will appear.

I am concerned that the scope of the proposed formal consultation is too narrow particularly with respect to the area within which residential and business addresses will be sent notification of the consultation by post.

I assumed that this type of notification would be sent to all those addresses under the low flying airport approach and takeoff flight path within the previously identified aircraft noise envelope.

Could you kindly clarify these issues and tell me how or if I can communicate input relating to the scope of the consultation based on having read the draft document.    

Best regards Michael

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/ Pictures of books going out on the shelves in my bookshop
http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/ My general pictures and writing
Due to the nature of Clown Computing this email has been sent to you from some sort of fruit, it may make you more comfortable to know the following:- If it makes sense, it was sent by my PineApple Device, which has an ordinary keyboard. If it contains random wrong words, it was sent by my RaspBerry Device, which has predictive text and a small screen that I can’t always see properly. If it makes no sense whatsoever, it was sent by my new BaNana Device, with which I develop the persona of a chimpanzee and hit keys randomly hoping it will produce the works of Shakespeare, or at least something coherent.   



1 comment:

  1. So who is running the DCO now? The directors of RSP from a Swiss investment bank?

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.