Wednesday 8 March 2017

A few Thanet pictures a minor Manston update and trouble with a toybox from the 1300s

First an eclectic batch of Thanet pictures















Next RiverOak Investments the Manston CPO people who want to build an airfright hub at Manston with night flights have probably metamorphosed into RSP with a nice new website at http://www.rsp.co.uk/

There is however the possibility that this is some sort of internet scam as I tried to check this with The Department For Transport who told me that they haven’t been informed of any change of company, so who knows?

As ardent blog followers will know I have been doing some watercolour sketches of Canterbury Cathedral, I probably rather unwisely thought I would have a go at the chapter house which has a carved wooden ceiling made in the late 1300s


In terms of fairly demanding ceilings to sketch this one is some where near the top of the scale, after trying I found I just couldn’t do it.


Then today I remembered the little toy wooden tiles I used to play with when I was a child, which hold the key to this pattern.
  

So while working in my bookshop I produced a preparatory sketch, I hope now I will be able to tackle the real thing.

For dedicated followers of the bookshop here are the pictures of the books that went away http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/doctor-who-in-bookshop.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.