Thursday 27 April 2017

Old Ramsgate photos, the Buffs Chapel makeover and a bit more painting in the cathedral



My bookshop closed today and although hoping to be able to paint outside the weather wasn’t up to it, I spent a fair amount of time in the cathedral. Most of it doing preparatory sketches for what I hope will be a reasonable watercolour of the chancel.







The Buffs Chapel has had a really good clean up and the flags have been restored



Right at the end of the day I did a bit more on my watercolour from the stone seat under Bell Harry of. What? Well the bit on the right is in front of me looking you the nave’s north transept, the pillar just left of the middle is about 20 feet away from me but about seventy feet high and on the left of that is the view looking down the north side on the nave, the pillar on the far left is the side of the arch behind me.

Oh and click here for the newly arrived books in the bookshop here in Ramsgate 

2 comments:

  1. the photo taken of Belle Vue rd at the Plains of Waterloo junction is more or less as I remember it growing up in the 40s, all the shops were there then a lovely community
    Brian Driver

    ReplyDelete
  2. the photo taken of Belle Vue rd at the Plains of Waterloo junction is more or less as I remember it growing up in the 40s, all the shops were there then a lovely community
    Brian Driver

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.