Monday, 24 April 2017

Pictures of The Viking Invasion of Thanet in 1949








pictures should expand if you click on them.

A much better Monday morning in the bookshop on the computer front meaning I can access old local pictures again.

Fortunately the main bookshop computer didn’t go wrong too so the books have been going up normally on the bookshop blog, here is the link to Saturday’s post for the dedicated followers http://michaelsbookshop.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/bleeding-edge-in-bookshop.html

I am having another go at trying to understand the internet’s social media, Facebook is really the only other social media site I use and with that I really only either put up what I post on my blog or link what I put up on my blog.

With Facebook the main issue that I am getting at the moment if spam friends requests, difficult for me as a lot of the genuine friends requests I get are from people who have a common interest, rather than people who I would know by name.


For the most part this is local history, but there is also a certain amount watercolour paining related or related to the scandal involving my old school.     

I have now taken to messaging people who send me unlikely looking friends requests before approving the request. 

Events on this week:
19th - 26th - York Street Gallery Exhibition
22nd - 1st May - Looping The Loop, Around Ramsgate
26th - Northwood Singers, St. Marks Church
26th - 3rd - York Street Gallery Exhibition
27th - Blend For Everyone Who Loves to Sing, The Salvation Army Church Hall
27th - Thanet Sound Crowd with Filipe Gomes, Newington Community Centre, Princess Margaret Avenue, CT12 6HX 
27th - Xenia RubinosRamsgate Music Hall
28th - Sam Brookes, Ramsgate Music Hall
29th - Mayor of Ramsgate Civic Dinner, Royal Temple Yacht Club
29th - Alex Paterson [The Orb] - DJ Legend Series, Ramsgate Music Hall
29th - Free Introduction to Bowls, Government Acre, The Esplanade
29th - Make Me A Star 2017 Heat Two, The Salvation Army, High Street



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.